Fujairah Free Zone Overview
The Fujairah Free Zone was establish in 2007 by the Ruler of Fujairah Sheikh Hamed Bin Mohammed Al Sharqi. The Fujairah Free Zone (FFZ) is located near the Port of Fujairah and the Fujairah International Airport and is one of the main attractions for investors to choose to open in this Free Zone. The FFZ was established in this specific area for the purpose of easy access to all Arabian Gulf ports, Iran, Pakistan, India, and the Red Sea on a weekly basis.
The Fujairah Port also has weekly accessibility for arrivals and services from Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, Far East and North America. Another advantage of the port is the road accessibility to transport products and cargo into the UAE and the Middle East. The Fujairah Free Zone is also in proximity to the Fujairah International Airport that is the only airport that serves the UAE East Coast including northern Oman. With such a great location for the world’s major shipping routes for both the port and airport, it makes an ideal business investment for the Free Zone of Fujairah. The ACE benefits are a win-win situation – Accessibility, Connectivity & Economy.
Excellent Setup has well-experienced consultants that can save you time and hassle to setup your dream business in the Fujairah Free Zone. We will answer all your questions and assist you in the best way possible so you can get your trading license within two working days. Investors will take advantage of the reduced establishment expenses, and lower overheads to make FFZ a very profitable investment proposition.
Five Advantages of setting up a license in the Fujairah Free Zone
- Excellent economic location to global markets to establish UAE free zones to the rest of the world by sea, land, and air.
- There are different types of investment areas available.
- Policies suited to Investor-orientated initiatives.
- Economy – cheaper tariffs and minimum start-up time for companies in Fujairah
- The Fujairah free zone company will get Proficient and Full investment security
Three the types of licenses in Fujairah Free Zone
1- Trading & General Trading License
This license will authorize you to import, export, and re-export agreed and specified supplies in the Fujairah Free Zone. The license entitles the shareholder to perform the import, and export as well as re-export quickly inside the Free Zone and outside the UAE For central distribution. The Authority can organize special authorizations with the relevant Government sectors for hassle-free operations.
2- Warehousing License
This license can be obtained from leasing storage facilities for your Free Zone Company. This license entitles the owner to use the warehouse as the central place for the storage packaging and distribution of products.
3- Manufacturing License
This license can be acquired on approval and operation of the project. All projects must be fully insured including workforce and equipment. All manufacturing license authorizations are the theme to the identification of the following:
- The Area requirements for the built-up and open space
- The Electricity, water and human resources necessities
- The Environmental aspects of the venture and Consultancies
Four types of ownership in Fujairah Free Zone
1-Free Zone Establishment
The Free Zone issues the FZE license to free zone for entity for sole owner
2-Free Zone Company
Ajman Free Zone issues the FZC license to free zone companies for many partners, whether individuals or corporations between two to five shareholders.
3-Branch of Local Company
Fujairah Free Zone issues the local company branch licenses to local businesses that have a valid license issued by a United Arab Emirates license Authority and intending to open a branch inside the Free Zone
4-Branch of Foreign Company
Fujairah Free Zone issues the Foreign Company Branch license to foreign companies established outside UAE and planning to open a branch or representative office, by which they can practice business (trade, industrial, professional or service).
Business Requirements to Establish a Fujairah Free Zone Company Registration
- Proof of business trade name (Excellent Setup will do this for you)
- Proof of preliminary approval for the business activities (Excellent Setup will do this for you)
- The Passport Copies and other legal documents for the stakeholders and shareholders
- The Passport copy and resume for the company manager
- Personal Information sheet for each shareholder & manager
- A Feasibility study in case the license includes any of industrial, service and electronic activities
- Notarized and attested power of legal representative that allows Excellent Setup to represent you as well as the shareholders.
- A Third party authority pre-approval with additional costs and professional fees.
- No objection certificate from current sponsor, if applicant is UAE resident as employee
- There are some activities in Fujairah Free Zone which might require third party/authority pre-approval, and therefore additional cost and certified fees might be applicable.
- During the process of the license At the time of the process, there may be other requirements for a few other documents by the authorities
Other legal documents needed for approval.
- An Attested and notarized article of association from the United Arab Emirates Embassy.
- A Board determination to be determined by the panel of managements for your current company/ entity at the location of origin stating the intent of launching a new setup abroad. Must be attested and notarized by the United Arab Embassy.
The Certificate and license of registration for the existing company certified and authorized by the United Arab Emirates Embassy
9 Steps to get your license in Fujairah Free Zone
First step →Day 1: Submit the application to Excellent Setup and make the payment. If the payment is made early in the morning, we can get the name reservation on the first day.
Second step→ Day 2: Company name reservation is carried out at Fujairah Free Zone
Third step → Day 3: Clients can meet our consultant at Fujairah Free Zone or come to our Office at 9 am to be taken to (FFZ) by our staff to sign the company incorporation papers work in front of an FFZ official.
Important Note: After day three the Schedule will vary depending on if the license types, approvals, and office or without any office. Also if the client prefers to ask (FFA) contractors to do the fit-out for the elected office or if the client prefers to do that independently.
These are the steps that will follow day three.
Fourth Step→ Day 4: Office is finalized
Fifth Step → Day 5: Preparing Lease agreement
Sixth step → Day 7: Collecting the off keys
Seventh Step→Day 10: Business License released by the Free Zone and Excellent Setup will send a soft copy by email.
Step 8 –Day 11 The Original License/Jebel Ail Chamber of Commerce Certificate/ Lease Agreement, and Articles of Association. (This depends on the type of license)
Eight step →day 11: The dedicated telephone number will be activated, and we will provide you with all the details by our Business Center along with details of your address.
Ninth Step → day 21: Company Immigration Card issued by Dubai Immigration and if you wish you can apply for your visa
Excellent Setup Service Charge
Our service for Fujairah free zone license cost 6,000 AED to set up a new license and 1,500 AED for renewal of an old license. Our cost covers Professional fees that include: consultation sessions, drafting of legal documents in English and Arabic, introducing reliable Local Citizen Service agent when required, Fujairah free zone visa fee, supporting documents that are notarized by the local notary public, assisting in bank accounts and presenting you to the concerned authorities.
The concerned authority will determine the exact government cost at the time of applying in Fujairah Free Zone. There might be an additional requirement during the process.
Amendment License Services for Fujairah Free Zone
Our services also include:
- Add Partner
- Partner Withdrawal
- Ownership Transfer
- Modify Activity
- Amendment of Trade Name
- Change Manager
- Adjust Signature
- Adjust License Particulars
- Change Partner
- Cancel License
- Trade License Cancellation
PRO Services in Fujairah
- Airport Visa Drop-off
- Arabic Legal Translation (from English)
- The Dubai Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation as well as of Degrees, Marriage Certificate, and Birth Certificate
- The Attestation of Certificates/Contract
- The Certificate of Good Standing
- Salary Certificate
- No Objection Letter for (Driver’s License, Liquor License, Car Registration, Travel)
- In Country Change of Status
- Visa Pre-Approval
- Residence Visa Cancellation (inside the country)
- Police Clearance (for Liquor License)
- Assistance for Driver’s License
- Penalty for late renewal of Immigration Card
- Residence Visa Cancellation (outside the country)
- VIP Support for the Medical Test & Emirates ID Application
- Re-issuance/Duplicate Company Document
- Dependents Sponsorship